For Immediate Release
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – (April 5, 2016) – PS Logistics, a leading flatbed transportation and logistics company, was recently honored by the Alabama Trucking Association (ATA) with 13 awards, recognizing the company for its excellence in safety and compliance. The following awards were presented to PS Logistics and its family of companies on March 21, 2016 at the ATA’s Safety, Maintenance and Management Council Annual Fleet Safety Awards Banquet.
- 1st Place General Commodities Linehaul 5-10 Million Miles (P&S Transportation)
- 1st Place General Commodities Combined 5-10 Million Miles (P&S Transportation)
- 2015 Improvement Award (P&S Transportation)
- 3rd Place General Commodities Linehaul Under 1 Million Miles (MTB Transport)
- 2015 Improvement Award (MTB Transport)
- 3rd Place General Commodities Linehaul 5-10 Million Miles (Blair Logistics)
- 2015 Improvement Award (Blair Logistics)
- Recognized for Zero Accidents in 2015 (MTB Transport, MMT Logistics dba RWH Trucking, Platte River Transport, Red Mountain Transportation and National Strategic Transport)
“Our outstanding drivers and support staff deserve the credit for winning these awards. Their dedication to safety regulations and guidelines is instrumental to our success” said Johnathan Marshall, Director of Safety, PS Logistics.
In addition, Billy Busby of Blair Logistics was recognized by the ATA as Alabama’s top maintenance professional. Busby oversees a maintenance department that keeps a fleet of 420 tractors and 480 trailers on the road.
“Billy’s impact on the entire organization has been tremendous,” said Joe Thornton, VP Maintenance. “His leadership and ability to mentor other associates has been incredible and I look forward to his continued success in this arena.”
About the Alabama Trucking Association
Founded in 1938, the Alabama Trucking Association is a non-profit trade association, representing state motor carriers in the advancement of highway transportation and serves as the voice of trucking in Alabama. It conducts activities for the improvement of trucking service to the public and sponsors programs for the industry in the public’s interest and industry betterment. The Association’s membership consists of nearly 700 trucking related firms, including for-hire and private truck operations and allied businesses. For more information on the Alabama Trucking Association, please visit www.alabamatrucking.org.
About PS Logistics
Based in Birmingham, AL, PS Logistics is a national flatbed transportation and logistics company, primarily serving customers in the building materials, oil and natural gas, and steel industries. Its family of companies includes P&S Transportation, Blair Logistics, TA Services, Sellers 3PL, Purdy Brothers Trucking, Loudon County Trucking, MTB Transport, MMT Logistics, Platte River Transport, Red Mountain Transportation and National Strategic Transport. For more information, visit www.PSTrans.com.
For more information:
D. Houston Vaughn
President & COO,